A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~Oscar Wilde

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dr. Suess Books for ipad

iPhone Screenshot 1

Dr. Suess books for ipad are one of our favorites. I love them because they don't require wi-fi like Netflix and Mobile Mum, so they work anywhere. My daughter's also familiar with them all from having the actual books read to her, so she enjoys watching. You can set them to auto-play, so if you aren't sitting right there, you're still good. When you touch the pictures, the word pops up and it says it as well. For instance, in Green Eggs and Ham, if you touch Sam-I-Am, it shows "Sam-I-Am" and says it. I love that it is helping her learn the words. Of course, you can also choose the "read to me" option, and turn the pages yourself while it reads out loud. And you can turn off the auto-reading altogether with the "Read It Myself" option, and read it just as you would a regular book. The apps cost $3.99 each, but in my opinion they are well worth it. You'd pay more for a book, and since we take the ipad everywhere we go, it is far less cumbersome than toting all the books with us. 


Dr. Suess's ABCs
Dr. Suess's The Cat in the Hat
Dr. Suess's Beginner Book Collection  This one is $12.99...but it's five books.
Green Eggs And Ham 
The Lorax



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying HI! I hope you enjoyed your time here. I loved having you and hearing what you have to say!!