A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~Oscar Wilde

Friday, February 8, 2013

It's the Week End (almost): FLASH DANCE, YO!

I am so insanely ready for the weekend, which is typical for this time on a Friday afternoon. Well, even for this time on a Monday, really....

My mom and I are going to see Flash Dance at the Fabulous Fox on Sunday, and other than some anxiety over leaving my girl on the weekend, I'm super stoked. The tickets were free so I couldn't really pass up the chance to go see it, ya know. I can't wait!  It's such an iconic 80s flick and such an embodiment of the period.  The movie has been viewed this week via Netflix just to refresh my memory since it's been such a long time since I saw it. And I may have my Pandora set to the flash dance channel right now. Possibly. 

It's really out of my comfort zone to go see a show without my husband these days. And it's even more out of my comfort zone to leave the girl on a weekend, for any amount of time. I've actually had a lot of anxiety over leaving my girl lately. We're starting to talk about pre-school and I think that has just put my nerves more on edge than normal. I know that she'll enjoy interacting with other kids and learning new things. I know keeping her at home forever isn't feasible at all but I can't stop myself from wishing it was. As I rejoice in watching her grow up, I'm still saddened by the idea of losing my baby. Reality is that I'm not losing her and that she's just transforming, but try telling my mama heart that, would ya? I just want to stay home with her forever and be hermits. I would really like to be a hermit sometimes. It seems very safe.

I like being safe. But living life isn't always safe. Sometimes, you have to step out of your comfort zone and hold on for the ride. Andplusalso, I think it's important for me to make an effort to do fun things with my mom, and spend time with her in general. I hope that one day my daughter will do the same for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying HI! I hope you enjoyed your time here. I loved having you and hearing what you have to say!!