A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~Oscar Wilde

Friday, December 7, 2012

Glorious Tail

On the way in to work this morning, I nearly ran over a squirrel. And that got me thinking about the difference a glorious tail can make. 

Seriously, a squirrel is just a glorified rat. And I say glorified because it has that wonderful plume attached to it's butt instead of a naked wormy tail.  Otherwise, I am quite certain I wouldn't even feel bad about running over one. I mean, I don't think I would cry if I hit a rat, since I certainly don't cry when I see one in a trap. I feel a little sad for it for having been born a rat, but other than that, whatever. The world is just fine without the nasty  varmint.   So it comes down to the glorious plume of a tail.

Our cat, Buster, has a glorious tail. My daughter likes to pull the other cats' tails but not nearly as much as she wants to pull his. I totally understand her desire, as  I want to pull it too. Thick fur is just good for loving,  I guess, even if it's on a rodent. 

you can't see his tail, but i'm sure you can imagine how glorious it is.
Sometimes, I wonder where the hell I come up with the thoughts. The absurdity of it all, squirrels and rats and cats. I attribute it to the fact that I'm thrilled for it to finally be Friday and that has made me delirious. 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and saying HI! I hope you enjoyed your time here. I loved having you and hearing what you have to say!!