A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~Oscar Wilde

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Gift of Grandmothers


via
My little family is SO lucky. You see, my husband and I both work full-time and he works full-time plus. But here's the thing, we don't have to put our daughter in daycare. How do we do this? We have two wonderful mothers, and they do so very much for us.

My mom watches our daughter twice a week and my MIL watches her twice a week. Ideally, my husband (who works Saturdays) takes a day during the week to keep her, but since that doesn't always happen, one of our mothers fills his shoes. They never complain or tell us they just don't feel like keeping her. Never.She wears them out (she's almost two, so you know she does). Some days, when I pick her up I can see in my MIL's eyes how tired she is, I can see that she didn't have time to  fix her hair. But when I ask how my daughter was that day, she always tells me "Mimi's girl was so good today." 

The gift our mother's gift us is priceless. Daycare is expensive and it probably wouldn't be beneficial for us both to work. But since they keep her, we can both work, and thereby provide more for our little girl. I don't want to down day care here, because I know for a lot of people it is the only option. Personally, though, I don't think I could stand knowing she was being kept by strangers.  I would never be able to relax at work and get into my job. This way, we know she is being loved and kissed by people who love her as much as we do. 

Andplusalso as a nice bonus, my mom keeps her at our house. That means I don't have to spend time in the morning taking her and again later picking her up. And it also means that I have some seriously needed assistance taking care of my house. She helps me keep my laundry up and she mops and does a lot of other miscellaneous cleaning.  It saves me SO much time and energy.

I'm so thankful for the both. I'm thankful we have them both available, nearby, and healthy enough to help us out. It is such a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying HI! I hope you enjoyed your time here. I loved having you and hearing what you have to say!!